History of the School

Long Ditton Infant and Nursery School has been the heart of Long Ditton Village since 1911. In 2011 we celebrated being open for 100 years! We invited previous pupils to share our celebrations. Some came from as far as Australia to join in.

The first head teacher wrote in the school log book "We opened the school on the new site today. The mayor came to walk around the school and observed the very good manners of the children. He was particularly impressed with the younger ones."