We have two classes in Nursery, Sheltie 1 class and Sheltie 2 class.
Nursery is an important time for a child. We aim for learning to be fun from the beginning and that is why we teach through structured play. Children learn through play, through interacting with their parents and other adults and their peers.
Through play in a secure environment with effective adult support children can;
- Explore and make sense of the world
- Practise and build up ideas, concepts and skills
- Make their own decisions and choices
- Are able to take risks and make mistakes within a safe environment, building their confidence to try out ideas
- Develop their self esteem
- Communicate with others
- Learn social skills, being part of a group, sharing and taking turns
- Learn to negotiate and see things from others points of view.
- Think creatively and imaginatively
The play is planned for and structured but the planning is flexible so that the children’s own ideas and interests can be further developed. Each area of learning is planned for both indoors and outdoors. Most activities cover several areas of learning.
Outdoor learning is essential – the Nursery has its own safe outdoor environment. The outdoor learning mirrors and extends the indoor learning. The Nursery teaching staff help the children to get the most from each activity and experience, allowing them time to explore.
Sometimes children are involved in an activity led by an adult, play planned by the adult and sometimes in spontaneous play arising out of their own ideas. Play activities and equipment are planned for specific learning outcomes
We plan high quality learning experiences across all 6 areas of Learning. The nursery academic year is planned in half termly themes, which is further broken down into curriculum maps for each half term, then weekly plans.
- PE is on a Wednesday
For more information about Nursery, please use the link below
To apply for a place at Nursery, please use the link below